Saturday 22 September 2007

Quotes


This may sound a bit sad of me but I love quotes! I enjoy reading loads of them and uncovering the more subtle meanings some of them have. I also find them therapeutic as they get my mind thinking - whether I agree with the quote of not. I find some of them inspirational. Here is a collection of some of my favourite inspirational quotes. Really think about them when you are reading them - some may inspire you to greater things! If you wish, share some of your favourite quotes in the comments bellow.

“To be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others” ~ Nelson Mandela

"Only a life lived for others is worth living" ~ Einstein

"At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable" ~ Christopher Reeve

“People are able because they think they’re able” ~ Virgil

"In the attitude of silence what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Everything can be taken away from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way" ~ Vicktor Franklin

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind" ~ William James

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" ~ Pericles

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal” ~ Albert Pine

"You must have long-range goals to keep from being frustrated by short-range failure" ~ Charles Nobel

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" ~ Schopenhauer

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them" ~ Einstein

"Genius is the ability to act rightly without precedent - the power to do the right thing the first time" ~ Elbert Hubbard

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change" ~ Carl Rogers

"He who looks outside, dreams; he who looks within, awakens" ~ Carl Jung

"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat" ~ Lilly Tomlin

No comments: